1. Boil enough water to fill the Cafetière / French Press.
2. Coffee to water ratio is important here, so you want a 1:12 ratio of water to coffee. So for 350g of water add 30g of coffee – about 3 heaped table spoons.
3. The coffee grind should be the consistency of course brown sugar. Add the coffee to the Cafetière / French Press.
4. Add enough water to cover the coffee and stir, ideally with a wooden/bamboo spoon.
5. Leave for around 30 seconds and let the coffee bloom.
6. Add the remaining water, replace the lid and let the coffee sit for 4 minutes – Don’t plunge yet!
7. Press the filter down gently and serve immediately.
9. An voila, the perfect Cafetière / French Press coffee.